Alerts & Notifications
By creating customized alerts, you’ll stay informed about account status changes and activities that are important to you, which can help you avoid late fees and overdrafts. With notifications sent via email and/or text, you’ll know quickly if there has been a large deposit or withdrawal, if a check clears, if your balance approaches a pre-determined level, if a loan payment is due, and more.
Login to NEFCUOnline and go to My Settings > Alerts & Notifications to create any of the following:
- Low Balance Alert ̶ Sends alert when account balance is at or below the threshold
- High Balance Alert ̶ Sends alert when account balance is at or above the threshold
- Balance Update ̶ Sends regular updates on the account balance of a chosen account
- Loan Payment Due Reminder ̶ Sends alert when a loan payment is coming due
- Payment Past Due Reminder ̶ Sends alert when loan payment is overdue
- Maturity Date Reminder ̶ Sends alert when investment accounts are maturing
- Check Cleared Alert ̶ Sends alert when a specified check number clears a specified account
- Large Withdrawal Alert ̶ Sends alert whenever there are withdrawal transactions with amounts equal to or above a specified threshold
- Large Deposit Alert -- Sends alert whenever there are deposit transactions with amounts equal to or above a specified threshold
- Personal Reminder ̶ Sends a user specified message according to the selected frequency
- How do I create an alert?
To create an alert, please follow these steps:
- Login to NEFCUOnline
- Click on "My Settings" in the upper right hand corner
- Select "Alerts & Notifications"
- Click on the "Add an alert" button and follow the online prompts to choose the type of alert, account, frequency, and threshold amount
- Select your delivery method. Your alerts can be sent via email and/or text. Simply click the checkboxes to enable or disable your delivery options.
- How do I create an alert for debit card transactions?
If you want to monitor your debit card transactions, you'll want to select the "large withdrawal alert" in order to be notified when those transactions, as well as other activities, cause funds to be with drawn from your account.
- How do I create an alert for electronic deposits?
If you want to monitor electronic deposits, you'll want to select the "large deposit alert" in order to be notified when those transactions, as well as other deposits, are posted to your account.