New England Federal Credit Union’s mobile banking service allows you to bank anytime, anywhere from your handheld mobile device or tablet. Securely access your credit and debit accounts to:
- View account balances and transaction history
- Transfer funds between NEFCU accounts
- Pay bills to payees previously established on NEFCUOnline
- View check images
- Deposit checks (iPhone, iPad and handheld Android devices)
- Check current rates (Mobile Web only)
- Find the nearest branch or ATM
To use mobile banking, you’ll need to be a registered NEFCUOnline user. On your initial login to Mobile Web or any of our apps, we'll need to verify your identity and confirm that you are authorized to access this account.Your registered phone numbers will be presented to you and you can opt to receive a text message or an automated voice call. The message or call will include the instructions you'll need to reply. After you've successfully replied, you'll be able to securely access your NEFCU accounts.
Mobile Banking is free but standard wireless carrier data charges may apply. Please make sure you understand the terms of your mobile agreement before taking advantage of any of the following services:
Our mobile website has been optimized for mobile banking. To get started, just go to nefcu.com from any web-enabled mobile device and then select NEFCUOnline from the main menu. When prompted, enter your username and password to login.
Mobile App (including a tablet app for the iPad, Android or Kindle Fire)
You can download our Mobile App for the iPhone or Android. We also offer a version for iPad, Android and Kindle Fire users that's designed expressly for the touchscreen and size of your tablet. To get started, search for NEFCU Mobile App in the App Storesm, Google Play or Amazon Appstore and then follow the instructions to install the application on your device. When prompted, enter your username and password to login.
Note: NEFCU Apps are generally designed for widely held devices with current software support from Apple and Google. Newer releases of NEFCU Apps may not be supported on older devices. If you are experiencing navigation issues, this is likely the cause.
Text Message Banking
Text Message Banking is a quick and easy way to check your account balances and most recent transactions via a simple SMS text. You can even transfer funds into your primary account to make sure your purchases are covered. To get started, login to NEFCUOnline, click on Additional Services, and select Text Message Banking from the dropdown menu. Once you've activated your device, you can send any of the following keywords to 454545:
- BAL = Primary account balance
- BAL ALL = All account balances
- BAL CHK = Checking account balances
- BAL SAV = Saving account balances
- LAST = Last 5 transactions
- STOP = Deactivate service
- HELP = Help on keywords
Mobile Banking FAQs
If you have a question or have run into an issue with mobile banking, please use this section for answers and solutions. If you don’t find your answer here, please contact us.
- What happens if I lose my phone?
If your device is lost or stolen, it is unlikely that someone could access your account information unless they also know your username and password. However, to be safe, we recommend that you change your NEFCUOnline password immediately.
- Is mobile banking secure?
The same industry standards we have always employed to keep NEFCUOnline secure extend to our mobile banking service as well. After you enter your username and password, your account information is displayed only while you are using mobile banking. No personal data or account information is stored on your device. Currently, transactions are limited so that money cannot move to accounts or payees other than those you’ve established.
- How do I access Mobile Web?
Our mobile website has been optimized for mobile banking. Just go to nefcu.com
from any web-enabled mobile device and then select NEFCUOnline from the main menu. When prompted, enter your username and password to login.
- Is there a cost to use mobile banking?
Mobile banking is free but standard data charges may apply. Please check your wireless plan or verify with your wireless carrier before taking advantage of these services.
- What can I do to protect my security and privacy?
Just as when you bank online from your computer, there are some simple steps you should take to ensure the security of your information and protect your privacy when you use mobile banking.
- Protect your NEFCUOnline password. It is your key to accessing your accounts. Do not reveal it to anyone.
- Memorize your NEFCUOnline password. Never store it on your mobile device, or write it on paper that you keep near your device or carry with you.
- Do not choose passwords that incorporate your name, telephone number, address or birthday or those of any close friend or relative.
- Never leave your mobile device unattended while using mobile banking.
- Use your device's built-in lock function – set a password-protect for start-up or time-out.
- How do I download the Mobile App?
Search for “NEFCU Mobile App” in the iTunes® App Store or the Android Market to install our free app.
- How do I register for mobile banking?
If you are registered for NEFCUOnline, no additional registration is required. You will simply need your username and password to login to your accounts. If you are not currently registered for NEFCUOnline, call TeleBranch at 800-400-8790 to request a password.