Branches Reopening with Guidelines
As Governor Scott has begun to ease restrictions regarding COVID-19, we are starting the process of working toward a safe plan to open our branches.
In the coming months we will follow these guidelines:
- We encourage members to, whenever possible, schedule appointments in advance, use our drive thru services, call the Contact Center at 800.400.8790, or use online or mobile banking
- When visiting a branch we will have greeters at our entrances to check members in and to limit the number of visitors in the branch at any one time. If possible, please limit the number of family members entering the branches.
Teller visits - In order to manage to capacity limits and serve those arriving first, we will be queuing a limited number of members inside and all others outside.
Member services - We will be taking your name and phone number and asking you to wait outside, or in your car, and will call you when the next Member Service Representative is available.
- New signage and floor decals will be displayed
- Social distancing is required, which is 6 feet respectfully between you and fellow members
- Teller lines will now have plexiglass face shields
- Staff will be wearing masks for their protection and we ask that members wear a mask while conducting business in our branches
- If you have signs of illness or have been caring for someone who is sick, please do not enter the building. Also, if you have travelled out of state, please respect the self-quarantine of 14 days before you visit our branches
- No gathering in the lobbies
During this time we will not have coffee service, computers for online banking needs, or public restrooms available for members. We will be cleaning all public spaces and frequently touched areas several times a day.
We appreciate your continued support.